Just the one photo of a nice homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944play

Reaction score
AHS Pale Rye, brewed December 14, racked to the keg this past Saturday the 3rd. This is my 5th batch of this recipe. It has just a luscious, meringuelike head, and it pours almost syrupy, but it's only faintly sweet.

As soon as #4 has finished conditioning, I can have a side-by-side tasting of carbonation methods:
#3: Bottle-conditioned
#4: Keg-conditioned
#5: Force carbonated

Only downfall with that is #3 and #4 have Cascade and Willamette, #5 has Amarillo and Glacier. I strongly prefer A&G in this recipe.

IMG_5504.jpg

It's an AHS recipe, and I think they'd prefer you bought the kit that comes with the recipe.

I haven't moved the naturally carbonated keg to the fridge yet. It's only been conditioning for ten days now. So far, I think I would prefer the bottled beer if it had Amarillo like the forced beer.

Beer on laptop...not so good.
Yep, a couple of months ago, I spilled a half pint of Irish Red into my Cable Box while I was hooking up the new LCD TV. It took about 5 seconds for it to fry. Took it back to the cable company and told 'em it suddenly quit, and was smelling bad, like it was overheating or something. They gave me a new box, all was good in about an hour. Good thing they didn't stick their nose to the box and go "You know, that smells a little hoppy".
Beers y'all,
Ken

I just BMBF'd the last of this to make room in the fridge.

I got 8 bottles filled. EIGHT. OK, 2 were 500ml, but still, I dusted four gallons in two weeks by myself!:drunk:

Back