Just tasted my first home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceweldon

Reaction score
So the wife bought me a beer kit for Christmas. I brewed up a batch of porter, Fat Man Porter recipe from the local brew store here in Gainesville. I bottled it last weekend and held out on tasting until tonight. It's going to turn out really good I think. Still needs to carbonate more and age but it tasted pretty good.

I just want to say thanks to the good people on this board without your advise and the RDWHAHB slogan I would have freaked out. :mug:

Good to hear it. Check out my thread about the same thing. My wife gave me a kit for Christmas too, and I am sitting her on my second homebrew as I type this. I have had a Blonde Ale in the fermenter for 2 weeks, and I picked up an Irish Stout at the LHBS to brew tomorrow. I also picked up a second primary fermenter so I could have more than one batch going at a time. :D

Hold some of that back for at least 2 months and compare the taste. I think it will be much better. The porter and stouts I've made take 2 1/2 to 3 months in the bottle to mature.

I second that about the dark beers i have a black and tan that i did about a year ago and the difference in taste is way better and seems like it gets better as i drink them. BUt it might have to do with supply and demand. The worst thing is that it was recipe that i mish mashed my way thru wrote it down forgot to put it inot excel and dont remember what i used for a recipe for the life of me. Anyways have fun.

get yourself another fermenter now and save yourself some agony. you'll want several beers in rotation. welcome to the addiction. and glad you took it to heart.. rdwhahb

Latest posts

Back