Just starting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickj

Reaction score
Mr. Beer kit. It is the third day and I'm still not seeing any signs of fermentation. I am just starting out. Should I start to be concerned.

Did you use the package of yeast that came with it? If you did you may not see much at all. I didn't when I used the package that came with it. That's because it is probably quite expired. The beer I made with that package was disgusting. However it did finish and did produce carbonation during bottling. I recommend for your next batch to get a fresh package of us05 or Nottingham and your beer will be leaps and bounds better, I know from experience on this one.

It was a Pale Ale. I got the kit from my brother and am not sure how long he had it sitting around. I really am interested in learning how to brew an IPA.

For sure. Just wanted to try the most basic thing the first time around. Try to figure things out and work my way up to making an IPA.

Back