Just reading about it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I'm relatively new here, although I've been brewing for four years. This morning, I was going to have a pint of Church of Chocolate Brown & the keg blew! Bummer. Fortunately, I had the makings for a new batch and got that done by noon.

Guess it's Palmer Porter or an old IPA for lunch. The blackberry cider isn't settled yet and the Fresh Hops IPA is still a little green.

Note to self: check levels in keggerator weekly.

BeeGee said:
Yeah, Church of Chocolate in the a.m.? :rolleyes: The IPA would have been the best choice right from the get go!

:cross:
I would think an oatmeal stout is the clear choice for breakfast. :D

El Pistolero said:
I would think an oatmeal stout is the clear choice for breakfast. :D

No Doubt... IPA definitely isn't a breakfast beer. I'd have gone with the Chocolate brown or an oatmeal stout... Especially as the weather turns cooler... you need a good hearty, stick-to-yer-ribs kind of beer in the mornin'

On a related note:

Those of you who like pancakes should try making a batch with beer in it instead of water. The CO2 in the beer makes the cakes very light and fluffy, and the alcohol all burns off anyway.

Best to use a light-flavored, highly carbonated beer for this. This what I typically do with left over american lagers that get abandoned in my fridge after a party.

-walker

When I lived in Antiqua TWI, they had a beer called "Opaque". Imagine fermenting the mash for an oatmeal stout and bottling it without filtering. It was a meal in a can.

I'm a morning person, so by 10 A.M., I'm thinking about lunch.

Back