Just put in a massive order from AHS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaynardX

Reaction score
And I can't wait to get it! I never really thought much of ordering online, due to shipping charges, until I saw this discount. I checked out the prices and noticed specialty malt was way cheaper then my LHBS. Like, $5-$10 cheaper per pound! Only bargain at the LBHS is bulk. Now, for everything else, I'm online ordering! :mug:

And I can't wait to get it! I never really thought much of ordering online, due to shipping charges, until I saw this discount. I checked out the prices and noticed specialty malt was way cheaper then my LHBS. Like, $5-$10 cheaper per pound! Only bargain at the LBHS is bulk. Now, for everything else, I'm online ordering! :mug:

AHS has really fresh, quality ingredients too. I try to plan 5 or so brews and order everything at once from them.

AHS has been awesome. I've tried several other hb sites but almost all of my equipment and ingredients come from AHS. I have one heck of a long wish list :p

Congrats on your online ordering. I rely on Brew Master's Warehouse and Northern Brewer for all of my online ordering.

AHS is great. As is NB. I've yet to try Midwest, but they're supposed to be very good too.

I really love tho' on the AHS site how you can mix your grains in a bag per recipe and keep it organized... excellent quality too.

Um... are you serious?

AHS is great. As is NB. I've yet to try Midwest, but they're supposed to be very good too.

I really love tho' on the AHS site how you can mix your grains in a bag per recipe and keep it organized... excellent quality too.

I've ordered from all three and Midwest is my go to. 5% off every day for AHA members.

They charge actual shipping instead of flat rate but always come in cheaper for me than the others because they don't include shipping in their items pricing.

Specialty malts average around $2 something a pound, how are they $5-$10 cheaper per pound?:confused:

The last time I went to the LHBS, I spent $12 for a pound of Carapils, $18 for a pound of DME and $5.50 for a pound of candi sugar, and no, thats not a joke. Other then bulk grains, I never really compared prices online to my LHBS until this sale. Bulk grains are cheaper at the LHBS, but I certainly won't shop for anything else there anymore!

The last time I went to the LHBS, I spent $12 for a pound of Carapils, $18 for a pound of DME and $5.50 for a pound of candi sugar, and no, thats not a joke. Other then bulk grains, I never really compared prices online to my LHBS until this sale. Bulk grains are cheaper at the LHBS, but I certainly won't shop for anything else there anymore!

Can't imagine what they are charging you for hops? What is the name of your LHBS - I am sure others would like to avoid it.

Do you go to How do You Brew or the Homebrew store in Glen Mills/Chadds Ford area?

Holy Jeebus !!! I hope that comes with a reach-around while you're paying !!!

Carapils is easy to find for 1.65lb... I also cannot believe that you paid that ammount for grain, just to avoid shipping with online stores? $12 will pay for a lot of shipping
I still think you are joking.

Back