Just ordered my kegging gear!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jekster

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

After bottling a few batches, I decided to jump into kegging as a time saving option. That, and I'm pretty excited about having my own tap brew for my upcoming birthday and of course the Holiday season. ;)

I ended up getting a kit from kegconnection, but through an Ebay auction. By going through the auction I saved $10 on the kit and $8 on shipping. Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself. I also asked Todd if I could toss a couple more kegs in and save on shipping. He tossed on two more corney kegs shipped for $58.

Here is a link to the original kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140162364092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Overall, it was a hefty investment, but one that I'm sure I'll get more than enough use out of throughout the years. That, and the convenience is well worth the cash. =D

Cheers for soon to be kegged beer :mug:

seefresh said:
Congratz! I tried piecing mine together and probably only saved a few bucks. I just jumped the band-wagon myself. :mug:

I saw your thread and hope you get everything worked out with your regulator. I decided to go with the kit because it was a good price for everything and I've heard a few people now, including you, say that going piece by piece only saved a few bucks. I paid the extra money and took the easy way out. ;)

A toast to new keggers! :mug:

Sweet dude! let me know if you need any help with that. I am thinking we should get together this weekend for a beer. Let me know.

Cheer

Kayos said:
What are you using as a kegerator?

Using a Sanyo 4912 that I bought at Best Buy a month or so ago when they are on sale. So, once I mod the fridge, I'll be able to two brews on tap and two in reserve to go in when a keg gets blow. I also bought the extra keg space for conditioning since there are some brews (like my porter) that I want to age for a few months before I taste them. I figure it's better to be in a keg than taking up one of my fermentors. ;)

Jekster said:
Using a Sanyo 4912 that I bought at Best Buy a month or so ago when they are on sale. So, once I mod the fridge, I'll be able to two brews on tap and two in reserve to go in when a keg gets blow. I also bought the extra keg space for conditioning since there are some brews (like my porter) that I want to age for a few months before I taste them. I figure it's better to be in a keg than taking up one of my fermentors. ;)

Good stuff. I started kegging and converted my Sanyo about 3 months ago. Its sooo much better than dealing with bottles :rockin:

Back