Just nailed my first all grain brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Just brewed my first all grain batch with my first home-grown hop harvest - a relatively simple pale ale recipe I came up with. Other than a few minor tweaks for the next session (new manifold for the mash tun - cut the slits too wide and it let in too many husks...and I didn't have enough ice for recirculating immersion wort chiller water).

Preboil gravity was dead on. Post boil gravity was dead on. All my volumes were perfect. Efficiency was about 70%. Not too shabby.

Man, what a great day...I love this hobby!

Congrats! I won't forget my first AG sucess. I am looking forward to a brew with my (wild?) home-grown hops. It hasn't worked out so far and I'm guessing that is not the fault of the hops. I am hoping I am a better brewer now:drunk:

Just brewed my first all grain batch with my first home-grown hop harvest - a relatively simple pale ale recipe I came up with. Other than a few minor tweaks for the next session (new manifold for the mash tun - cut the slits too wide and it let in too many husks...and I didn't have enough ice for recirculating immersion wort chiller water).

Preboil gravity was dead on. Post boil gravity was dead on. All my volumes were perfect. Efficiency was about 70%. Not too shabby.

Man, what a great day...I love this hobby!

Congrats on a job well done...! 1st all grain, your own recipe! couple tweaks for next session, rebuilding the manifold, a recirculating wort chiller lacking ice, pre and post boil SG's nailed and 70% efficiency....and this is in the "Beginners Beer Brewing Forum". We sure have come a long ways:mug:

Congrats on a job well done...! 1st all grain, your own recipe! couple tweaks for next session, rebuilding the manifold, a recirculating wort chiller lacking ice, pre and post boil SG's nailed and 70% efficiency....and this is in the "Beginners Beer Brewing Forum". We sure have come a long ways:mug:

Well I am a beginner at AG :cross: ...

It's gonna be a long while until I consider myself a non-beginner (whatever that term might be).

Back