Just moved to St Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
Just moved to STL from Chicago. Can anyone from the area suggest some good breweries/brewpubs to check out in the St Louis county and St Charles county areas?

Happy to be down here but really missing Revolution

Welcome to STL! I literally just signed up but looks like a good first post for me after lurking some time...

You have a couple brew shops I like your way. Brewers Truevalue hardware on Jungermann has some good stuff and design2brew in O'Fallon.

For breweries recommend STL county and downtown. Really like 4hands, civil life, and urban chestnut (Manchester location has better food!). Lot other fun ones too: sideproject, shlafly, alpha, and so on. live close to St. Charles but dont know of great pubs. Trailhead in historic part of town is ok but beer is kind of generic...but good deal on happy hourfood.

Unrelated you have to try some of the local BBQ out your way. Sugarfire and Hindricks are great, again alot of others great too.

But you are way better here than Chi-town! Lol, I'm a born and raised St. Louis guy can't like chicago....

Welcome to STL! I literally just signed up but looks like a good first post for me after lurking some time...

You have a couple brew shops I like your way. Brewers Truevalue hardware on Jungermann has some good stuff and design2brew in O'Fallon.

For breweries recommend STL county and downtown. Really like 4hands, civil life, and urban chestnut (Manchester location has better food!). Lot other fun ones too: sideproject, shlafly, alpha, and so on. live close to St. Charles but dont know of great pubs. Trailhead in historic part of town is ok but beer is kind of generic...but good deal on happy hourfood.

Unrelated you have to try some of the local BBQ out your way. Sugarfire and Hindricks are great, again alot of others great too.

But you are way better here than Chi-town! Lol, I'm a born and raised St. Louis guy can't like chicago....

Thanks for the welcome! I just saw design2brew online and looking forward to going there. I'm in Wentzville and went to st Louis county for my last batch. Nice to know there is a place closer.

Exit6 in cottleville is always a good time, iTap in chesterfield has a nice draft selection plus it's right next door to j2brewing (lhbs). The tap in St. Charles is a nice restaurant. And a couple of my favorites downtown are six row brewing and square one brewing

Welcome to St. Louis, or Wentzville! I concur that Exit 6 is highly worthy. Jeff makes some awesome beers and serves other micros from the region.

I live in Illinois so I travel a bit to get great beers and will also concur about heading to downtown. Here's a brief rundown:

If you like Lagers head to Urban Chestnut either on Washington or Manchester.

English ales are at Civil Life.

Belgian beers are at Perennial.

Great renditions of all varieties are at the Schlafly Taproom/Bottleworks. (More at the Tap Room)

There are a few more in the mix but those are my personal recommendations. 4 Hands and Square One would be next.

I think you're going to like our variety of brewery's so by all means go exploring!

Friendship Brewing is supposed to open up in Wentzville sometime this year. Other places with a nice craft beer list are Shamrock's (at Cave Springs) and Mike's Tap and Grill in O'Fallon on Hwy K.

The Garage Brewers Society meeting is tonight at the O'Fallon Brewery if you're interested in attending. Bring a tasting glass and something to share. Be sure to find me at the meeting, most people know who Spartan is!

Civil Life was my favorite spot in St Louis when I lived there last year. I hit most of the smaller breweries while I was there and found myself there most weekends.

Friendship Brewing is supposed to open up in Wentzville sometime this year. Other places with a nice craft beer list are Shamrock's (at Cave Springs) and Mike's Tap and Grill in O'Fallon on Hwy K.

The Garage Brewers Society meeting is tonight at the O'Fallon Brewery if you're interested in attending. Bring a tasting glass and something to share. Be sure to find me at the meeting, most people know who Spartan is!

How often do you guys meet? Been looking to join a local home brew club. Sorry I missed the st patty's meeting. Wasn't back online until today

Thanks for the invite! How often do you guys meet? Been looking to join a local home brew club. Sorry I missed the st patty's meeting. Wasn't back online until today

Thanks for the invite! How often do you guys meet? Been looking to join a local home brew club. Sorry I missed the st patty's meeting. Wasn't back online until today

You missed the corned beef! The third Tuesday of each month. 7:00 at the O'Fallon Brewery. The next meeting would be April 21. We always have food at the meeting, too.

http://www.garagebrewers.com/

Latest posts

Back