Just moved to Southern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I just moved From Chico, CA which had a great home brew shop run by awesome people. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops around the area. I just moved to thousand oaks so the closer the better :D. I cant wait to start brewing again. I just bottled my third batch, a stout, the day before I drove down here so the itch to watch beer ferment is already getting too severe.
Thanks in advance

For Thousand Oaks you're going to want to head over to the Home Beer, Wine, and Cheesemaking Shop in Woodland Hills, home of the Maltose Falcons.

While you're over that way, I highly recommend a visit to Fab Hot Dogs. They do hot dogs right. Don't let people tell you Pink's is where to go. Especially if you go to the Hollywood location, you'll stand in line for an hour just to eat a mediocre hot dog while staring at pictures of random celebrities eating mediocre hot dogs.

Welcome to SoCal!

Hey chemms, welcome to SoCal.

Can't help you with the LHBS, I'm down here on the other side of town.

For Thousand Oaks you're going to want to head over to the Home Beer, Wine, and Cheesemaking Shop in Woodland Hills, home of the Maltose Falcons.

While you're over that way, I highly recommend a visit to Fab Hot Dogs. They do hot dogs right. Don't let people tell you Pink's is where to go. Especially if you go to the Hollywood location, you'll stand in line for an hour just to eat a mediocre hot dog while staring at pictures of random celebrities eating mediocre hot dogs.

Welcome to SoCal!

Sweet, will do :D. And I have been down here a few years (for school) and never heard of that hot dog place. I will check it out for sure!!

It's about an hour drive (more in traffic), but if it becomes necessary there's a homebrew store in north Long Beach. I never went (I started home brewing after I moved back to New York), but I know people that went there.

just returned, awesome shop. A little different than my first home brew shop. Here you weigh out your own ingredients which is cool so that you know for sure all your ingredients get in your brew. Their way of dispensing LME is really cool, it is pumped out of big barrels with co2 ensuring freshness :D

Would also like to add that the lady at the shop was very helpful showing me how things worked there while also helping other customers at the same time. I don't know how she did it but it was awesome :D

Latest posts

Back