Just had my first Palo Santo Marron. I'm a happy man.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munklunk

Reaction score
Good god, this beer is tasty. I've heard a lot about it, but it really does live up to the hype. That doesn't happen very often.

To me, it the perfect cross of (Chicago brews, so forgive me) Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout and Flossmoor Station's Pullman Brown Ale. Dark brown and complex with that rich vanilla and woody caramel flavor. Damn, I wish I wasn't so tipsy off of one, so that I could brave another.

I'm heading to DC for the Stewart/Colbert Rally in October, and plan on hitting this bad boy up on tap at their alehouse in Fairfax.

Try it if you can find it. :rockin:

I had it on draft in a goblet at the World of Beer. It should be sipped. Lots of wood, vanilla and caramel, actually too much for my own tastes but it was cool to taste and try it.

btw 12%

Yeah the ABV is a bit absurd, but it's one of the few brown ales that I actually enjoy.

munklunk...be sure to save a couple and age them for a year or two! An excellent beer, for sure...nice to put in a snifter and sniff and sip at for an hour while kicking back and relaxing...

Great brew and got to see the barrel at the brewery. Very cool looking wood. Even snagged a little taste of it dripping down the side of the barrel.

Great brew and got to see the barrel at the brewery. Very cool looking wood. Even snagged a little taste of it dripping down the side of the barrel.

I hope you didn't splinters in your tounge...

Yea this beer was real good....I can't wait to have one on a cool fall night to warm up. Thos ABVs go right to your head and your chest

I made the mistake of having one (my first) after a filling meal at DFH's pub in Rahobeth (sp) Beach. I was so full that I could not enjoy the beer at all. It's a shame.

I hope you didn't splinters in your tounge...

Yea this beer was real good....I can't wait to have one on a cool fall night to warm up. Thos ABVs go right to your head and your chest

Honestly! I had one last night, and I felt it rather fast. I'm really into wood aged beers, normally stouts, but this bad boy was great. It further convinced me, as if I needed any convincing, that Dogfish Head is one of the consistently best brewerys around.

Honestly can't stand the stuff. The two that I tried were so unbelievably pungent, the pour was akin to cough medicine more than a beer, and the taste was like drinking liquified smokehouse wood...just...

UGH.

Back