Just got to taste my first beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve3730

Reaction score
The wait is over I finally got to try it and there is beer in my bottles! Was so excited to hear the hiss when i popped the cap! The taste is there too, I'd compare it to the taste of 3Fs Alpha King. Can't wait to let my friends try it and get another one cooking in the primary!

APA extract
Cascade and Citra Hops
3 weeks in primary
2 weeks in bottles
test bottle 3 days in fridge

20140216_212216.jpg

20140216_212637.jpg

I'm certain that most of us remember quite fondly that "hiss" upon popping the first cap of our very first brew. And then tasting it...and finding out that we really DID brew beer! And it was pretty damn tasty! Welcome to the insanity we fondly call brewing!

glenn514:mug:

COngrats! An APA is a good style to start on, it's hard to mess up highly hopped beers. I started with a brown ale and fermented it too warm. It was very good but could have been better. This is a hobby that will only get better the longer you keep at it.

High five!

Just did the same moments ago, but mine was a Mr. Beer Czeck Pilsner. Tastes like, well... nothing! The silver lining I guess is that I have an extremely refreshing beverage sitting in the fridge, and it's friendly enough that the lady of the house might approve of the new hobby. Reading some of the posts on here, I may save a few bottles for the inevitable "Can you make Bud Light?" guy.

Thankfully, you learn better, you do better. I've got a stout going that's about a month or so away from tasting that's sure to blow this first effort away.

Thanks guys. My next attempt will be an Amber Ale kit. Than I'm planning to try some of the recipes I see on here. :mug:

Back