just got my PCS orders to hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loganb

Reaction score
the only thing that sucks is a month or two after i get there i deploy to iraq. not to worried about deploying but a few more months in hawaii with the family would be nice.

oh yeah i plan on trying to do a good bit while i am there and i here they got a pretty good lhbs not far from base.

homebrewing or surfing and doing beach hotties................... Ok Id probably do a little bit of homebrewing

Nice! My little brother was stationed in Hawaii for a few years. He's stationed in Charleston now, but is about to PCS back to Hawaii again. Must be rough. I'm stationed up in Alaska. I make it down to Hawaii occasionally. Not a bad place to be stationed!

I pcs'd here in Jan. It's awesome - you're going to love it. I left the brew stand w/ a friend back in TX and haven't got my stuff set up yet, but it won't be long. I'm at Hickam AFB. Where will you be stationed?

I was in Hawaii for all of 18 hours while in the Navy. Didn't see anything except the Officers' Club and a lot of empty bottles.

I was in Hawaii for all of 18 hours while in the Navy. Didn't see anything except the Officers' Club and a lot of empty bottles.

Same here, did that a couple of times actually. When I was in Marine Corps I did two West Pacs, one on the Ft.McHenry and one on the Tarawa. '94 & '96 respectively. Just enough time to pick up people for the Tiger cruise and get completely Blatto'd.

To OP, best of luck to you and enjoy your time before going to the Desert.

:mug:

Yeah sure do, although its coming to an end here in Iraq, so the powers that be are scrabmling around trying to find us another mission somewhere. Guess they need to still fund the program somehow!

Back