Just got my copy of white/zainasheff yeast book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumstigedy

Reaction score
Just got my copy of yeast the practical guide to fermentation from the mail box!
I can't wait to start reading it!

I got an e-mail on August 25th that my copy had shipped; then, I received another from BA on Sept. 8th that I wouldn't get it until late September. Weird.

Anyhow, glad to hear that they're finally on their way. If you lads are getting yours, I'll prolly be waiting for mine for a while longer as it crosses the 49th parallel.

Just ordered mine off Amazon along with Brewing Classic Styles. My beer library is growing! :)

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Did a quick scan over the book, and it looks like it has a good deal of useful information without being heavily technical.

(I was secretly hoping for something that read like a biochemistry textbook, but I'm sure I'm in the minority there. :))

Just finished up this book. It's very good and well-written. The section about setting up a yeast lab and various quality control tests I thought was particularly good.

Did anyone actually get a signed copy? I thought I'd ordered a signed copy but the one I got yesterday in the mail was not signed.

Yes I received my (2) signed copies on Tuesday 10/12 from Brewing Network store. I pre ordered in early September. Giving one to my good brewing friend who is moving away.

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I ordered mine on amazon prime yesterday and its scheduled delivery is tomorrow. Total with shipping was $14.12. Also for anyone who has an email address that ends in "edu" you can get a free year of amazon prime with no catches. You don't even have to cancel at the end of the year they still don't charge you you just lose your prime membership. This means free two day shipping on most items.

I finished mine. There's enough geeky science in here to satisfy anyone. Great chapter on troubleshooting. Also, it convinced me I am need to do a better job of handling my yeast in a more sanitary manner. I see a couple of huge gaps in my storage process and have been lucky I havn't had any infections. I don't think I'll ever set up a lab in the manner they recommend but I know I can pick and choose a few things to help me keep my yeast a bit longer.

Latest posts

Back