just got a gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnote

Reaction score
My friend has come to terms with his problems and has decided to give me his homebrewing kit and brews in progress.

One has gone through secondary fermentation and is new being hopped again. He said it should be stored around 40 degrees so it will clear up and let the yeast settle.

Is this a little cool to store it at? And what should I do with it next?

Looking forward to being in the forum and learning to brew. I kinda got thrown into it but am already pretty pumped.

thanks,

cnote

Welcome to the board!

You'll find a lot of useful information and people here, and to get the most useful advice try and put as many specifics as you can about your brew and process into the quetion.

For example, do you know what kind of beer this is, what the recipe used was, and what the original gravity is and what its at now?

It can be confusing at first, but starting off with those will help you and help others answer.

Welcome again!

…
One has gone through secondary fermentation and is new being hopped again. He said it should be stored around 40 degrees so it will clear up and let the yeast settle.

Is this a little cool to store it at? And what should I do with it next?
…
I think he meant to cold crash the secondary vessel and for only a week or so before you bottle it. Then you will STORE the bottles at room temp for a couple of weeks before you begin consuming them.

Welcome to the forum. Ease into it if you can and ask this friend as many questions as he can handle.

Oh and depending on the brew and the yeast used it is not be necessary to cold crash all beers. It is done mainly for looks on light colored ones.

Latest posts

Back