Just Getting Started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkyhops

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!!! Glad I found this place looks like it will be a very useful tool while learning to brew. I dream of one day owning a Microbrewery but as of now i have never brewed a single batch, just a big fan of REal beer with REAL taste. Tired of Bud Light and ALL THAT CRAP! Love me a good Microbrew though. Cant wait to get started but as of now i am just researching and trying to figure out where the best place to buy a brewing kit is? Been looking around online... I appreciate any advice yall have...

Welcome to HBT. This is a great place to learn about brewing. I've only been brewing since September and have learned a lot.

I researched a good month before buying any equipment. This site was very helpful in determining pro's and con's of different types of equipment, methods, etc.

My advice for a new brewer:
- do what you're doing - read/search/educate on the process and ask questions. (do try to search for previous threads because many questions have been asked/answered a lot)

- read www.howtobrew.com (this is probably the best overall starting point for a new brewer)

- shop around for good deals and factor in shipping. Good sites include Austin Home Brewng, MoreBeer, and Northern Brewer. There are others, but these three are quite popular.

- when it comes time to brew, relax and enjoy the process.

Welcome, and good luck with your brewing. :ban:

Don't forget Craigslist as well, I have found some sweet deals there.

And welcome to HBT

Thanks for the help. I have been reading "how to brew" for the last 45 minutes its very helpful and VERY clear. Im so excited to get started. I have been looking at recipes and WOW how am i ever going to decide what to brew???

I'm also starting in this hobby and I second the above. For the equipment, I'd say seriously consider buying locally.

Again, read a lot.

Festa Brew wort has allowed me to start fermenting right when I got my basic equipment and while it's fermenting, I can read on about more advanced/complete brewing techniques. I'm on my second batch in the secondary within a month!

Welcome Aboard, I have learned more from this site than I have learned from any book or even the guy at my Brew Store, and everyone is cool and willing to answer any question you have.

Back