Just found Doctor Who..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbohanon

Reaction score
So I know this show has been around a while and I was looking for something SciFi-ish to watch and someone recommended Doctor Who.

Was skeptical at first but started to watch the first season of the reboot on Netflix and even though its a very different/kooky show that took me off guard when I first started watching it but oddly enough, its grown on me (I am halfway through the first rebooted season).

The chick who plays Rose is very easy on the eyes but the woman playing Rose's mother needs to be punted out of the Tardis in open space..She is just plain annoying.

Just figured I would share as I know there are many other DWho fans out there..
I am officially a Doctor Who fan at this point..
:mug:

I have been an on and off fan. Largely dependent on who the current who is. I recall tuning in when our TV remote had a single button.

If you're liking the reboot you should give the classic episodes a go some time.

After Steven Moffat went from head writer to showrunner (director) I think the show took a nose dive.

I'll be excited to see what happens after Steven Moffat is replaced.

See, I've enjoyed Moffat's run so far, but that's largely due to the fact that he's had a couple strong Doctors and a few strong Companions to work with...

bbohanon - enjoy your travels through NewWho - it's a lot of fun. But get ready for some tough goodbyes ahead.

Who is awesome. I admit I'm currently behind. The most recent Doctor is not appealing to me at this time, but Smith took me a while to get used to as well.

I loved the Eccelston season. Rose works great with him and he's a more serious Doctor than some of them. I think the show really got good when Tennant took over. His relationship with Rose was briliant!

I think just about the time Smith came on, the writing got off and on uninteresting. I liked the short period between Smith and Capaldi. The story got interesting then, but after about 2 episodes into Capaldi's first season I got busy and stopped watching. Haven't felt compelled to pick it back up. Might do that when summer is over and the night comes on early.

So I know this show has been around a while and I was looking for something SciFi-ish to watch and someone recommended Doctor Who.

Was skeptical at first but started to watch the first season of the reboot on Netflix and even though its a very different/kooky show that took me off guard when I first started watching it but oddly enough, its grown on me (I am halfway through the first rebooted season).

The chick who plays Rose is very easy on the eyes but the woman playing Rose's mother needs to be punted out of the Tardis in open space..She is just plain annoying.

Just figured I would share as I know there are many other DWho fans out there..
I am officially a Doctor Who fan at this point..
:mug:

Yep, I like this show too, and Rose is my favorite companion. I agree on her mother too, very annoying.. You ought to see it from the beginning, back in the 1960s. Black & White shows instead of color, but it adds some to the history or backdrop of the show.

The most recent Doctor is not appealing to me at this time

You're wrong, but I respect your opinions. Capaldi has a Tom Baker feel to him, and I love it.

And at no way am I a Whovian, except for my avatar, home brewery name (Who Brew), name of all my beers, massive tattoo leg piece, closet of shirts, all the sonics, etc. etc. etc.

Okay, I might be a little bit of a fan.

Rose is easy on the eyes, except for her gigantic mouth. I love all the doctor's equally, but among other people I think Moffat is dragging the show down.

You're wrong, but I respect your opinions. Capaldi has a Tom Baker feel to him, and I love it.

And at no way am I a Whovian, except for my avatar, home brewery name (Who Brew), name of all my beers, massive tattoo leg piece, closet of shirts, all the sonics, etc. etc. etc.

Okay, I might be a little bit of a fan.

Rose is easy on the eyes, except for her gigantic mouth. I love all the doctor's equally, but among other people I think Moffat is dragging the show down.

I think that after watching maybe 2 episodes of Capaldi you might understand that I'm not attached quite yet.

And I agree about Rose's wide mouth (not mentioning her teeth either) but she's way hot anyway. I think she may have been the best actress for a companion in the new reboot. (Even though Jenna is also really hot, the character is not as intriguing. And I think they tried REALLY hard to make her intriguing.)

New Companions Ranked:

1) Clara Oswald
2) Amy Pond
3) Martha Jones
4) Rose Tyler
1,000,000,000) Donna Noble

I think that after watching maybe 2 episodes of Capaldi you might understand that I'm not attached quite yet.

I feel Capaldi really hits his stride in "Listen". Although I really enjoyed his performance in "Into the Dalek", although I didn't feel the episode was that strong.

Favorite season 8 episodes: Listen, Time Heist, Kill the Moon, Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline, and the finale.

It's much bigger than it looks from the outside...I like to tell my wife that from time to time then run like hell...I'm dumb.

I love these reboot episodes, and I have really enjoyed the movie type episodes between seasons too. They've done a fantastic job of keeping it as fresh as possible. I look forward to the continual Dalek and Cybermen invasions...:rockin:

Back