Just filled my first keg - oh yeah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoweeZowee

Reaction score
I did a cold crash/gelatin fining experiment on my honey nut brown ale today. Everything went better than expected. The gelatin dropped the sediments out in 8 hours in my 40F garage. :ban:

About 15 minutes ago I racked the clear beer into my 5 gallon corny keg and brought it into the 62F basement. The regulator is now set to ~19PSI for 2.2 volumes of CO2.

And here's the question: Can I raise the pressure on the beer overnight to speed up the force carbonation process? If so, how high should I take it?

Thanks! :mug:

I just racked my 21 day old Bavarian Hef of it's primary and into the corni, thus marking my first step into home brewdom.

I currently have it set at 30 psi around 38* and will back it down tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm about to die waiting to try this stuff. The little sample I pulled today when I racked everything over was still a touch green.

(Err I at least I think it's considered green when it gives your tongue a little tingle.)

Anyway, Here's to some first time kegger/Homebrewers!

I think everyone knows how it feels to wait for homebrew to be ready. My new kegging system with definitely make the process faster. No more bottle filling!

Back