Just bought kegerator, coupler help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got a great deal on a nice size kegerator. My question is what coupler did I get? I am a noobie when it comes to kegs and I was going to also use this for store bought kegs along with homebrew kegs. Just need to know what it is I have. Pics below. Thanks!

110212-172651.jpg

110212-172639.jpg

That is a different looking keg. Normally sankey couplers have a lever to push the ball down and let air into the keg. That looks like you just lock it in.

I can't really tell from the second picture but it looks like a standard US sankey coupler. The 2nd pic, that thing in the middle, does it look like this... ( )

You can't use that for homebrew kegs. Homebrew kegs use two connectors for air in and beer out, usually locked in by pins or ball locks.

Yeah I understand I can't use it for homebrew kegs, but I wanted to use it for store bought kegs too. I found this site (link below), but nothing looks like what I have. Was wondering if someone could help me figure out what it is so I know what kegs I can get from the store.

http://www.beertaps.com/tapandcogu.html

Thanks again.

It's American Sanke "D" style coupler. All that is different is it's a wing-style locking mechanism instead of the lever. I prefer the lever style but those work fine.

Ok that's what I was hoping. So from what I'm reading I can basically get anything from the store for kegged beer. Thanks all!

Yea there are some lists out there. Basically anything American (except I think Anchor uses some odd coupler). Even some others like Dos X uses that coupler.

Latest posts

Back