Just bottled my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithman

Reaction score
...and all seems well. There was a nice "Fat tire" smell to my fat tire clone. It tastes fine too right out of the bottling bucket.

It is not the challenge some make it out to be to bottle and cap two cases of bottles.

I have put the primed/filled bottles in cases and back out of the light for another couple weeks. I'll put one in the fridge every few days and drink it just to see how they progress.

I appreciate all the good advice to be found here on the forums. Thanks.:mug:

I too wanted to taste test the beer as it progressed...wasted quite a few bottles doing it. let it set 3 weeks then properly chill a couple down and try em. Really all you will learn by drinkin em too soon is how fast 2 cases of beer disappears lol.

I bottled my first brew 8 days ago. I went down to my fruit cellar today to shelve some more empties I have and looked at my bottles. I turned it upside-down a few times and noticed some bubbles which looked like carbonation. So I grabbed one to put in the fridge to taste later. If it's good, bonus! If not, I'll wait another week before trying another one. I figure if it still isn't ready next week, I'm going on vaca the following week so they should be good and ready by the time I get back! :mug:

Be sure to keep at least a beer or two for later on down the road. It's fun to compare your very first batch to let's just say batch #10 or so. Happy brewing!

I have one thats around 5 days old... I know it's too soon to drink it, but I'm so tempted to crack it open and get some creative juices flowing to see if it's halfway decent. It'll only get better, so if it's good now that keeps the hope up!

Back