Just another bottle washer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 163849

Reaction score
I think I completed this today. All the testing was done before final assembly and I want to give the poly urethane on the wood a little more drying time. It worked great yesterday just sitting on the bottom of the sink.

I know the pvc pipe is only rated for 120 degrees Fahrenheit but so is my pump. The green hose will be replaced with something else.

Note: Removing the galvanized pipe riser along with the valve and elbow from the pump resulted in the spray pattern increasing by at least a foot over what is shown in the picture. Water was going everywhere so I could not get an action shot of the final configuration.

2015-01-19 17.06.34.jpg

2015-01-20 11.19.27.jpg

nice! Do you plan on having multiple buckets with rinse soap and sanitizer?

If a person were cleaning a large number of bottles, multiple buckets as you suggested, would be a good move. In my case it was the "need" to build something that inspired me to build this thing. Even though it works very well, I find it unnecessary for my purposes. A bottle washer similar to this one would be a great idea if someone were getting their bottles from a bar or recycle center. I rinse my bottles after I pour the beer and and once again before sanitizing and filling. The bottle washer sits unused in my case.

Back