• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jig for cutting keg top with angle grinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvjackson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a keg and an angle grinder and want to cut the top off to make a keggle. I've seen a bunch of people put together clever jigs to make it easy.

Anyone finished with theirs and want to mail it to me for a reasonable price so I don't have to make my own?

My jig costs less than the postage to mail it. I'm guessing you could buy it for < $3 and build it in 5 minutes. It's just a single piece of PVC and a big hose clamp. Drill a couple of holes and notch the top of the PVC with some wire cutters and you're golden. Just look at it and see if it will work with your grinder.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/simplest-keggle-cutting-jig-143048/

PA210005.JPG

You dont need a jig, use the guard as your jig. Here are some pics, just set the grinder on the keg, put the guard against the handle part and start cutting..perfect circle every time..

20130708_184753.jpg

20130708_184849.jpg

Back