Jetdry in the dishwasher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgeek1202

Reaction score
I have been using my dishwasher to sanitize my bottles. All the time I was using it we didn't have any Jetdry in the machine. Well now my wife has put some in. I have heard don't use Jetdry but I haven't heard why. Is it going to ruin my next batch?

McGeek

It could affect your head retention. I took some saran wrap and wrapped it around the plunger that screws into the jetdry dispenser in our dishwasher. So that way none is used when I wash my beer glasses.

we use it in our Dishwasher, and my first ever batch i bottled i sanitized the bottles in the dishwasher and forgot about it well i opened it half way threw and was like wtf is up with all these bubbles! then i realized i use the spotfree rinse stuff in it well it had no ill effects on my brew or any after it either.

I throw all of my bottles in the dishwasher immediately after drinking them to give the outside a good scrub and clean the inside as much as the dishwasher can. We use Jet Dry, and I've never noticed a problem. In fact, I run my pint glasses through the dishwasher, and I haven't noticed a problem with that, either. My beers pour with a nice, frothy head just as you'd expect, regardless of the method used to wash the glasses and bottles.

Back