Jester King Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't too hard for me, and after 10 minutes the site stopped being laggy. Probably 700-900 signups at once, and now there's probably still bottles left.
Did everyone already get email confirmations? I recall it taking a few days for AR sign ups.

Lol. People in another thread said it would sell out as quick as FWIBF tickets when I said it would last at least an hour. 35 minutes and still available

Is aurelian lure back? Seems strange that it popped up on the tasting room menu from yesterday after being gone for months.

Is aurelian lure back? Seems strange that it popped up on the tasting room menu from yesterday after being gone for months.
They had a keg they wanted to put on. Jeff has said the beer itself probably won't be back until the fall. They are waiting on fresh fruit until they can brew it again.

Hey y'all, the two new beers haven't sold out yet. Not enough hype. Not .rar. Jester King is no longer cool. I'm trading mine for the new South Austin beers.
#yo-gurt
I'll send someone Pliny for these. Seems fair since they're on pace to turd it up at the brewery. :p

They had a keg they wanted to put on. Jeff has said the beer itself probably won't be back until the fall. They are waiting on fresh fruit until they can brew it again.
hieroglyphics_sad_zpsf893ca36.png

IMG_8618-e1385659371657-225x300.jpg

Not my photo
This Saturday 3/8.
First person to find me who I have not met, or met only once briefly before, gets a bottle of normal 2013 BCBS.
I am a ~5'10" white male with shortish light brown hair. I don't know what I'll wear because the weather has been unpredictable, but I'll have a brown hat and sunglasses.
If it's cold, I'll have a dark sweatshirt/jacket; if not, I'll probably wear a Zwanze day shirt.
Anybody claiming the BCBS must have a TB account.

This Saturday 3/8.
First person to find me who I have not met, or met only once briefly before, gets a bottle of normal 2013 BCBS.
I am a ~5'10" white male with shortish light brown hair. I don't know what I'll wear because the weather has been unpredictable, but I'll have a brown hat and sunglasses.
If it's cold, I'll have a dark sweatshirt/jacket; if not, I'll probably wear a Zwanze day shirt.
It's on like Donkey Kong.

That my friend was the golden age of Texas shares, everyone was so damn generous back then. You need to get back into the beer game man! Those shares were fun as hell, especially that pinata you brought.

Pinata!?! Oh I have photos from that event......

;)

Srs.

This Saturday 3/8.
Hey you!

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/head-brewer-jordan-keeper-to-leave-jester-king

Head Brewer Jordan Keeper to Leave Jester King

It is with great sadness that we must announce that our Head Brewer, Jordan Keeper, is leaving Jester King to pursue his dream of opening his own brewery. As difficult as it is to lose him, we support Jordan in his dreams and look forward to seeing them take shape.

Jordan has been Head Brewer at Jester King since 2011. He joined us when we were a fledgling outfit fumbling around in the dark learning how to make wort and ferment beer. Jordan’s presence immediately helped provide stability and clarity when we were just learning to find our way as a brewery. Over the years, Jordan helped us assemble and lead a team of talented brewers and develop the recipes and techniques we use to make our beer today. He has been an integral part of our barrel aging, blending, and fruit refermentation programs and played a key role in developing our award winning Atrial Rubicite. Above all that, Jordan is a dear friend and a class act who will be dearly missed at our brewery. We wish him the absolute best in his future endeavors. Be on the lookout for exciting things from Jordan in the future!

I'll probably be there the weekend of 3/15 & 3/22... just cause.

Got my wife and I both signed up for bottles.

I'll be going out there either Friday or Sunday. Probably Friday since the weather looks better...and I'm eager to get the bottles

3/16 is when I'll be there, but I probably won't drink at all since I'll be wiped from SXSW and have to drive up to Dallas right after.

This Saturday 3/8.
I told you (on the other site). One of the nicest guys out there. Super cool of you man, super cool.

Tasting menu up:
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/files/TastingRoomMenu.pdf
Atrial is not on. Also, the two new grape sours are higher in ABV than the previous fruited sours.
hash tagger Any thoughts?

La Vie still available. Hoping to get at least two more bottles!

Keep in mind that I don't speak for JK and all my opinions are my own. [SPOILER ALERT] For me, the higher ABV adds to the wine aspect that these beers incorporate and the higher ABV doesn't detract from the beer's delivery. Keep in mind, I do my best to not be biased, and display the least amount of homerism as I can. That being said these beers are wonderfully executed.

Not quite sure if I answered you shelf_turd_ferguson but there is plenty of LVeR b2 left.

Keep in mind that I don't speak for JK and all my opinions are my own. [SPOILER ALERT] For me, the higher ABV adds to the wine aspect that these beers incorporate and the higher ABV doesn't detract from the beer's delivery. Keep in mind, I do my best to not be biased, and display the least amount of homerism as I can. That being said these beers are wonderfully executed.

Not quite sure if I answered you shelf_turd_ferguson but there is plenty of LVeR b2 left.
It's good to have you over here.
With the two grape sours' ABV being a few % points higher than the other fruited sours, and JK's MO of a FG --> ~1.000, I would think there are more sugars that have to ferment out. Perhaps the grapes introduce more sugars to ferment than the raspberries, apricots, etc. Or maybe it's the base beer.

Since Jeff doesn't post over here:
We’re very pleased to announce that Garrett Crowell has been named Head Brewer at Jester King. Garrett began volunteering with us in March of 2012 and was hired as a brewer in October of 2012. We were immediately drawn to Garrett’s rare propensity for wild fermentation and his passion for using microorganisms to create unique flavors and aromas in beer. Garrett created the diverse blend of wild yeast and lactic acid bacteria that we now use to ferment all our beer. He has been overseeing fermentation at Jester King for the last eight months, and will continue in that role as Head Brewer.

In our opinion, wild fermentation represents by far the greatest area of unexplored territory in the brewing world. Garrett has already made meaningful contributions to charting this territory at Jester King, and we could not be more excited about where he’ll take our fermentations in the future. Garrett is a native of Kingwood, Texas and a 2007 graduate of Texas A&M University at Galveston.

752.jpg
Jester King Head Brewer Garrett Crowell

We’re also excited to announce that Adrienne Ballou of Jester King has been promoted to Head of the Barrel Program. Adrienne came to us in January of 2013 from the wine world. After graduating from the University of California at Davis in 2012 with a degree in Viticulture and Enology, she conducted a wine making fellowship with La Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin in Burgundy, France. She is a native of Austin, Texas.

Making beer that’s natural and alive means we often find more in common with small, artisanal winemakers than large brewers. Adrienne has helped bridge the gap between us and the wine world over the last year, and she has done wonderful things for our barrel fermentations, blending, and fruit refermentations. Her background has helped us learn how to properly referment fruit and work with oak barrels, and her guidance has enabled us to create a sense of place in our beer and a partnership with nature in our brewing. Her work will soon be on full display, as she played the central role in the creation of our newest release — Cerveza de Tempranillo.

753.jpg
Head of the Barrel Program Adrienne Ballou
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/garret...lou-head-of-the-barrel-program-at-jester-king

By the way, who else is going 3/16? Anyone going that day - if you aren't planning to buy 2 bottles of La Vie En Rose, please shoot me a message.

Back