Jester King Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the new March releases, The person on the list must be there in person with a matching name on the ID.

For this weekend, I was planning to drive out to be at JK from 12-2 PM or 3 (at the latest if I drove). However, I have to take in the automobile for an engine problem tomorrow morning and am not sure I can drive the car on Saturday.
Any kind soul want to let me bum a ride if I can't drive myself?

For the new March releases, The person on the list must be there in person with a matching name on the ID.

For this weekend, I was planning to drive out to be at JK from 12-2 PM or 3 (at the latest if I drove). However, I have to take in the automobile for an engine problem tomorrow morning and am not sure I can drive the car on Saturday.
Any kind soul want to let me bum a ride if I can't drive myself?
You live south of the river? Cause I was planning on going and I'll pick ya up if you live South.

Engine issues suck. I just had to get a new car because my transmission was going to cost more to fix than the car was worth. Ugh.

Last edited:
You live south of the river? Cause I was planning on going and I'll pick ya up if you live South.

Engine issues suck. I just had to get a new car because my transmission was going to cost more to fix than the car was worth. Ugh.
No but I can get down there on the 801 or 3 or something.

I think it's minor but I'm no mechanic. I'm going into a dealer shop this morning.

Who pays for SXSW passes? I've gone to see shows the last 9 years without one.

I shy away from going east of 35, front yard chickens give me anxiety, ok.

In all seriousnesses, what spots have you been going to? The free shows I've been to have been between 5th and 11th/ 35 to Chicon, and all of them were before 6PM. I'm all ears and elbows for some new **** to hit up.

I shy away from going east of 35, front yard chickens give me anxiety, ok.

In all seriousnesses, what spots have you been going to? The free shows I've been to have been between 5th and 11th/ 35 to Chicon, and all of them were before 6PM. I'm all ears and elbows for some new **** to hit up.
PM me an email address and I'll send you the spreadsheet I put together every year.

E: VERY glad I am going to Untapped FW.

https://twitter.com/UntappedFest/status/439077269664190464

Last edited:

Thanks Lutter, but the car is good to go! I'll be getting out there around ~noon, I expect you'll be near the outdoor station. First person to find me who I have not met, or met only once briefly before, gets a bottle of normal 2013 BCBS. I'm a cute brunette, about 5'5", go by Jessica....

The car mainly needed a few fluids, which was my hope. There are more repairs but we'll budget for them.
I've not owned my own car, but I know mis padres cars had situations like that. At one point a truck was worth more in scrap metal than as a truck (bad transmission).

Lonestar got a case of Ambree yesterday and I'm guessing other stores around DFW will end up with some over the next few days too.

Dress above they knees, jellies and G-strings up the BCBCS,
Man I never let 'em pass
So tell me where can I find 'em
With they ***** or in that candy Cadillac right behind him

Truthfully I am a 5'10" white male with shortish light brown hair. Based on weather, will probably wear a darkish sweatshirt and maybe a brown hat and sunglasses.
Anybody claiming the BCBS must have a TB account.

Thanks Lutter, but the car is good to go! I'll be getting out there around ~noon, I expect you'll be near the outdoor station. First person to find me who I have not met, or met only once briefly before, gets a bottle of normal 2013 BCBS. I'm a cute brunette, about 5'5", go by Jessica....

when did the noble king recipe change take place? wondering if the bottles i saw today were of the old recipe or the new. want to try it.

when did the noble king recipe change take place? wondering if the bottles i saw today were of the old recipe or the new. want to try it.
Check the ingredients on the label. If it has the long list of yeasts/bacteria, then it's new. The old ones say "Farmhouse yeast" or something equally short & simple.

I'll see you ****ers next Saturday for the release!

I'm just sad Jeff won't let us have our regular Sat Beer Tasting... I was going to get framingHAMMERED
Remember the bottle shares I used to go to, and I'd have to lug them all around in a cooler? I miss that.

GvwEMV6.jpg

Stupid BA shutting down the latest JK Release thread. While I understand why...dumbasses splurging all over their computer, giddy as ****. It's just stupid how they regulate their boards..."fora" I mean.

Remember the bottle shares I used to go to, and I'd have to lug them all around in a cooler? I miss that.

GvwEMV6.jpg

That my friend was the golden age of Texas shares, everyone was so damn generous back then. You need to get back into the beer game man! Those shares were fun as hell, especially that pinata you brought.

Stupid BA shutting down the latest JK Release thread. While I understand why...dumbasses splurging all over their computer, giddy as ****. It's just stupid how they regulate their boards..."fora" I mean.
Might be unpopular here, but IMO they locked it for a decent reason. They let the homeless mule talk slide, but drew the line at hiring day laborers as mules/JK yard work help.
Deleting posts would've been better.

Might be unpopular here, but IMO they locked it for a decent reason. They let the homeless mule talk slide, but drew the line at hiring day laborers as mules/JK yard work help.
Deleting posts would've been better.
I was LOL at work over the yard work bit. Worth it.

Hey... In Austin today and want Ambree? Sam at E1G has bottles for $11.99. First I've seen it distro'ed.

Latest posts

Back