Jeraboam size Grolsch swing top WOW!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdwardPaulsen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a 3 liter 'jeraboam' of 2002 hair of the dog 'adam' beer that was, uh, mysteriously emptied.
Anyway, I've cleaned and sanitzed it and would love to reuse it but the rubber gasket on the swing top needs to be replaced.

anyone know where I can get a large size rubber gasket?

Thanks,
ED

You should be able to get growler gaskets at pretty much any decently stocked home brew store/site like these:
growlergaskets.jpg

I've also seen rubber gasket sheets at Home Depot that you could use if you needed a custom size.

Hair of the Dog

Can't get the picture of the bottles linked.

Alan makes great beers, but I would need most of them to be packaged in 6 ounce bottles. 3 liters of Doggie Claws will kill 2-4 people.

And they will die very, very happy.

thanks guys,
here's a link to the recipe for the homebrew one i cloned (unrelated to my purchase of the MASSIVE bottle, other than i love the beer)
Homebrew Chef: HOTD Adam Beer
i ended up using much less pale malt (i think it's formulated for no sparge) and used some DME instead.

thanks for the tips on the bottle.
as far as pics, you mean a pic of the empty delabeled bottle?
maybe i'll post one when i fill it with something :)

I recently picked up a couple of these from the local beer store for $10 each.
2009_3_11left.jpg

Not sure if your bottles use the same size caps but I have seen replacements at several HBSes.

Craig

Back