Janet's Brown Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewshki

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time back in a few months after an intense busy season with work.

As my next home brew venture, I am going to be working on my first original recipe. I have decided on a pale ale. It seemed a simple enough place to start, while still being something I want to drink a lot of.

I have been trying to do a little research on various pale ales/ IPAs that I like for inspiration. I recently brewed Janet's Brown Ale and it was absolutely fantastic. However, it is a little too big for what I am trying to do here. I have heard Tasty mention a lighter version of this beer on The Session a few times, but I cannot find the recipe for the life of me. I have searched this form and The BN's forum. Has anyone run across this recipe or could point me in the right way?

I don't know about Janet's Brown, but @Yooper's Haus Ale is a Winner!

It uses both Munich and Vienna in addition to Maris Otter (I use 2-row + some victory or Biscuit instead of MO)\
and is all Cascade (I use CTZ for the 60m bittering and Cascade for the rest).

Very versatile. Using this a base, you can tweak malts and/or hops to great effect.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=100304

I recalling hearing Tasty talk about the recipe too on one of the Brewing with Style shows, I think he was talking about it being lower alcohol I dont think it was lighter in color.

To try and recreate that version maybe decrease the base malt some and lower the bittering hops a bit to bring it in line with the American Brown Ale guidelines.

I don't know about Janet's Brown, but @Yooper's Haus Ale is a Winner!

It uses both Munich and Vienna in addition to Maris Otter (I use 2-row + some victory or Biscuit instead of MO)\
and is all Cascade (I use CTZ for the 60m bittering and Cascade for the rest).

Very versatile. Using this a base, you can tweak malts and/or hops to great effect.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=100304

This looks good too!

Latest posts

Back