Jamocha shake beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunslinger711

Reaction score
While I was travelling yesterday I stopped in at Arby's for one of my only post-diet guilty pleasures, their Jamocha shake. Which is kind of like a chocolate/coffee milk shake. During my drinking of said delicious dessert I wondered if I could make a beer that tasted similar to this.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have taken the next step i.e. coming up with a recipe/brewing it?

I've never had the Jamocha shake but have made a Brown Porter with strong coffee and chocolate flavors. I added 1# of brown malt and 1/2# chocolate malt and the beer came out really good. It was actually really flavorful young and some of the flavors mellowed out as it aged. I plan on brewing this again in the next week or two.

I'm almost looking for a mocha/coffee/chocolate milk stout, not sure if that's the closest approximation to a milk shake in beer terms.

Huh, I figured at least someone else would be interested in this taste to try and make something like it.

Guess I'll start combing through the mocha recipes to see if one can be adapted to a milk stout.

Latest posts

Back