jack and jill / stag and doe party ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djlunchbox

Reaction score
need some help all. SWMBO and I are getting married in july. our best man is just starting a new career and our maid of honor is in europe for work. this leaves us with a delema as far as raising money for our wedding. my girl and i are funding this wedding up front, and we would like to throw a combined party to help out with expences. we are looking for ideas for party games, and other things to do at this. being the groom, this is not up to me, but i am helping my best man with ideas. remember the point is to raise money. the only difference here from a stag ( at least on the mans side) is no dancers. none of us care to spend money on skanks, we'd rather put it towards the wedding. ideas, experiences from stags or bachelorette partys are welcome.

i'm thinking of brewing a good 30 or 40 gallons of high test beer and offering that as raffle prizes and 5$ pints.

any other ideas? :tank:

Dude, you should not be worrying about this. Let your best man do it. I gave my best man some duties that I honestly had no idea how he would get them done, but he did. Your best man will figure out a way.

We planned ours and it was a blast. Did we make much money? NOPE but it was a great night! The single biggest money maker was the raffle to throw a pie in my face. I still don't know how they planned that without me knowing but for $300 I'll take a pie in the face any day, apparently being an a$$hole does pay off sometimes :)

Dude, you should not be worrying about this. Let your best man do it. I gave my best man some duties that I honestly had no idea how he would get them done, but he did. Your best man will figure out a way.

best man will be paying :D i just want to help him out by giving him some new ideas. ;)

Do the dollar dance thing.

You or someone at the party DJ's a few songs and guys pay a buck to dance with your lady and the ladies pay a buck to have a dance with you. The dance doesnt have to last very long and the DJ will tell the next ladies/guys in line when its their turn (every 30 seconds or so).

My wifes friend did this at her wedding and I got two dances with her to save her from her creepy dad.

My wife and I had the same type of party for our wedding. We made up a bunch of jello shots (about 500) and sold them for donations. Some people put in a dollar, some people put in a 20. Just be prepared to never want a jello shot again.

i read the jello shot and pie in the face things, they are both great ideas! did anyone rent a hall or building for theirs?

My buddy just threw a stag and doe last weekend, and he rented from Jack of all Spades from the Hamilton area - not sure where you are from? Anyhow, they had tons of games and he made $3000 off the games solely, so it definitely helped out with the wedding budget. Their website has lots of ideas too, so this may be a good place to start? Go to this link - http://www.jackofallspades.ca/game-rentals.php

Hope that helps!

My brother threw a stag for me a couple years ago now...find a friend who is an elk, vfw, or legion member. Their hall rates are usually very reasonable.

Coming from CT, my brother had a hard time selling the "stag' idea to my MD friends. They didn't understand the idea.

He did "admission" tickets for $40 which got you open bar and food. Also had a bunch of my uncles donate things like a tv, tools, booze, random **** and people bought raffles for it. My uncles also had a bunch of table games going where the house(me) had a huge advantage. Not sure if it's customary, but not only did I get the all the money from the tickets, but everyone gave back the prizes too.

Good luck.

Back