Jack-ale-lantern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My intention is to have at least one of my friends say something along the lines of:
That is thoroughly disgusting!!! *Can I have another?
And the. We will sit by the fire place and wait for misses sexy santa clause to come bring us something of a present to unwrap...

This is my first post
This is by far NOT my first brew

I have a habit of being quite random and lucky as so far everything I've made has turned out pretty spectacular =)

So here is the plan:
Friday...
7lbs Am 2 row
4lbs Munich
1lbs Special B (cause the name, scent, and color all remind me of this red head from high school)
2-3 spoons... More on that later

Mash @ 155 for an hour ... And in the meantime...

2-29oz cans of libbys pumpkin pie mix spread on a large cake pan covered in 1lbs dark brown sugar and a jug of maple syrup... Bake @ 375 for 45 minutes or until some of it is chunky, some of it is gooey, and ALL OF IT IS AMAZING!!!

Approx 7-8 gallons of soon to be liquid happiness into the keg kettle:
1oz citra @70
1oz chinook @55
1/2 the amazing pumpkin happiness @50
1oz chinook @45
20 minute break for the neighbor girl to come over and borrow a cup or 2 of sugar **
1oz vanguard @25
Remove neighbor girls fingers and face from remaining amazing pumpkin happiness (even though I've provided spoons I doubt she will use them) and add whatever hasn't been eaten @20
Spice mix (nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, coriander, vanilla bean... About 1tbsp each in 1/4 cup water) @15
Irish moss @10
1oz vanguard @ flame out.

Chill to 68 and pitch my starter that I've been using on my last 4 batches... Simple safale s04... Don't judge me... I like my beers strong, my women thin and my yeast cakes fat!!!

Hoping it makes a nice brew for what is supposed to be a long cold winter.

Until we meet again... Cheers!!! =)

It's in the keg. I poured a small glass for a sample and amazingly enough it wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be. Might actually be drinkable this Christmas. For as much thick chunky goo I had in the boil its surprisingly clear. Smells like pumpkin pie.
Now... What to do next??? Hmmm

Cheers

Back