I've Slipped Over the Edge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeB

Reaction score
Not only do I have an American Wheat in the fermenter and a Belgian Saison on schedule to be brewed tomorrow, I just spent $40 on three six packs plus one bottle of craft beer. The beers were 60 Minute IPA, Palo Santo Marron, Rogue's Dry Hopped Saint Rogue's Red, and a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock. A buddy of mine picked up a six pack of Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale at $16 at the same time. So much for my kids' college fund.

I hear ya! I just dropped $24 on a mixed six pack a few hours ago.......and that was with a 10% discount!!!!!

I left the edge far behind me long ago. I've got 4 beers and an apfelwein on tap. An American Bitter in a primary (until Sunday when I will brew my RIS and pitch it on the cake). There's a standard stout keg conditioning and a wet sweatshirt wearing bucket o' Kolsch bubbling away behind a fan in a closet.

And on the commercial beer front, I ended up dropping a Franklin and change following Landhoney's lead for the elusive Item #2499. Gotta spread those shipping and handling charges around, right?

I feel ya guys. Got a cider and sorghum in primary, just dropped 400 on kegging equipment, a stout, porter, cream ale, mead and pale ale all in the last month. The SWMBO isn't happy.

The more you brew...the less you'll buy.

I'm sipping a nice Kona Clone right now after just finishing up a Red Hook ESB clone.

I haven't shelled out a dime for commercial beers in 6 months.

Back