Its my "Rims in a box"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppylikerabbits

Reaction score
So here it is. My "rims in box"
Started off with thinking about putting my rims setup into a tool box then i saw a gift the Military gave me while i was deployed. Its a Pelican 1560 case. Everything is enclosed except for the Rims tube that is attached on the back of the case with open clams for ease of removal and cleaning. It works perfectly. Even decided to do it with Tri-Clamp. Even put in a GCFI outlet to power my "brew puter." Let me know what you guys think! Feedback is greatly appreciated.

DSC01033.jpg

Top with the 3 switch for power. One for outlet, element (SSR), and pump.

DSC01035-1.jpg

Pump Side

DSC01036.jpg

Tri-Clover RIMS tube (Thanks to Sawdustguy for the how to)

DSC01037.jpg

Left is Power outlet and left is a Male power receptacle for a normal extension cord to plug into to supply power.

DSC01038.jpg

The "guts" Still in work to make it look pretty. Sorry for the crappy quality in pics.

Ahhh....our tax dollars at work.

The inside looks so clean and sparse, you could pack a lunch in there too. What size is the case and how is it working for you?

-cheers

Looks pretty good. Make sure you cover the contacts on the Rims element somehow. Excellent way to spend your CTO in Clovis.

I have the same Pelican, with the foam cut into dividers I can fit 28 12oz bottles and 3 Belgians/22oz bottles. I couldn't bear to cut into that thing. The trick is getting the airlines not to notice how much it weighs so you don't get charged for the check in bag and it being over 50lbs.

I used it at xmas to bring back some DFH Burton Baton back from Tenn. It worked perfect. The clerk asked if i was comming back and i said yes.. she didnt ask from where though.. FREE OVERWEIGHT.. ha ha! I also have the bigger one sitting in my garage so i was like screw it. Check your PM.

Back