It's Friday, what have you learned this week (ed. 08/22/2008)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I learned to never dangle my testicles on a rottweiller's nose.......Ok, I never actually learned that, it was just an educated guess.

Today, I learned to never dangle my testicles on a rottweiller's nose.......Ok, I never actually learned that, it was just an educated guess.

Okay...well...doesn't THAT just take teabagging to an entirely new level?

icon_204.gif

I learned that Tractor Supply Company carries jeans in my length (including Levis about 10 dollars cheaper than other places.) I no longer have to mail order since most stores only carry pants up to 34 length goddamit. And since most brands are for farmer types, they feel more durable than levis do....The brand I bought cost 17.99 a pair, and they don't look as nerdy as you would think...

Thanks for the tip Revvy. I'll need to order the big guy some jeans for winter and finding pants long enough for him can be difficult.

Thanks for the tip Revvy. I'll need to order the big guy some jeans for winter and finding pants long enough for him can be difficult.

I was pleasantly amazed, I think they even carried up to 40" inseam and 50 waist. The brand I got was the C.E. Schmidt relaxed fit jeans...I'll find out later tonight if I'm having a "good ass day" in them:D

I learned just how much money I'm going to dump into this hobby..
Keg System and CO2 fill - $225
Oster 5.0 fridge - $200
SQ14 - $50
Four 5 gallon carboys - $27 (good deal, actually)
New brew kettle - $???

My next brew being my first All Grain and first beer to keg - Priceless

I learned that if HBT'ers are the only ones allowed to vote in the next presidential election....they will elect John McCain!

Melana said:
I learned that cans of pineapple can slice your fingers open and make you bleed all over the place before you know what hit you.

My wife sliced her hand open on a can of catfood that way! Ouch! After she had the stitches removed, she learned she'd damaged the nerve - it's still permanently numb.

This week I learned that I get perfect results from my stove if I use the LOWEST number of the cook time range. One minute more make fossilized charcoal.

I learned that when your children start imitating you by moaning and gyrating around, its time to start locking the door when you and the Mrs get down to it...

I learned that I can still be pleasantly surprised when patronizing an unfamiliar restaurant. (bad luck recently)

The wife...(she doesn't even get the SWMBO Designation tonight) is being a snatch....I learned that 2 glasses of beer and apfelwein isn't the same when you use the new 22 oz glasses!

She's pissy...and I don't even care.... :D

See what can happen!

american_gothic_big.jpg

I learned that when you're employed by a company that wants to actually make some money they don't let you out of work for a tropical storm like they do when you work for a public school system. Well I already knew it, but it was just reinforced. SWMBO was home all day eating tater chips while I was documenting software under generator power watching limbs crash through windows.

SO technically it isn't friday any longer, but I haven't been to bed yet, so it is still today...It was Friday when I woke up, and since it is still today, therefore it is still Friday in my world.

So I learned that even in 2008, chicks still dig roses and picnics.

Magic Hat is not a great beer, but it will do if all they have is that or bmc. And you want to have a picnic.

I did indeed have a great ass day.:rockin:

There is a good possibility that I will be having sex before my birthday on Wednesday...or at least I will be getting a birthday cake from said rose and picnic digging, thinks I have a good ass, woman, who happens to look somewhat like a cross between Liv Tyler and Alanis Morrisette, only hotter. :D

And, that I really need to go to bed now...

night all!

I learned that even though I live in a nice neighboorhood with nice neighbors if you leave your car unlocked at night things will be taken. GPS and glasses were stolen.

I learned some positive occurrences are about to happen career-wise.

I learned if you add three more cases of beer bottles, four 1-gallon jugs, and one 1/2 gallon jug to you brewing equipment inventory, space doesn't magically appear in your house to store said additions.

I learned it would have been a good idea to at least start cleaning out my shop prior to adding additional brewing equipment.

Rick

I learned that when you twist your knee and it pops, you probably tore something.

And if you don't have insurance (like me) you will learn to watch every step you take for the rest of your life, or it will just keep popping over and over and over.:(

I learned that the $495 1/2 inch torque wrench w/ built in torque angle that I bought last week is worth every penny when doing a head gasket job. Saves LOTS of valuable time and is SO much more accurate!!

And if you don't have insurance (like me) you will learn to watch every step you take for the rest of your life, or it will just keep popping over and over and over.:(

Insurance is effing ridiculous to get for yourself. That's one of the really nice things about military life.

I learned to put pre bought tickets for events by the door before you leave, so that you dont forget them, then have to buy them at the event when you remember you forgot them.

I also learned that brewfests can get a little boring when you have had most of the beers that are there(is that a bad thing)

I learned that if you want good sparge efficiency ALWAYS make sure your lautertun is perfectly level. even the slightest tilt seems to cause channeling and royally **** efficiency.

Back