Its an Irish Stout IPA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astropunk

Reaction score
We newbies gotta make our own mistakes :tank:

If anyone remembers my earlier post about my first ever batch...I screwed up and added the hops in reverse order: .5oz aroma hops for 60 mins, and 1oz bittering hops for 5 mins in a Brewers Best Irish Stout batch.

Tonight I just couldn't take any more waiting...(plus I need my bucket for the next batch!) so I racked it to secondary glass carboy. It was my first look, smell and taste of my creation.

The color was nice, looks like a stout should, but right away you notice the hop smell. It tastes a little thin, with a strong hop flavor. I only sampled a teaspoon, so thats about as descriptive as I can get right now. It may not turn out as intended, but I think I will have a drinkable beer! :ban:

I had a Flying Dog Gonzo last week. It's a very hoppy stout. As strange as it sounded, it was damned good! I like to think you tried to make something similar to that with your own flair! ;-)

One brew at a time...

Latest posts

Back