It's a sad day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've already mentioned an upcoming move a few times, but it's really hitting home now. I brewed my last batch of beer for the time being, dismantled my brew closet, cleaned everything up, vacuum packed any spare ingredients, and the house is going on the market tomorrow. I'll be taking a temporary hiatus from homebrewing, though I will likely remain active here on the forum. We're moving a few hours east to SW Texas where I hope to buy a relatively inexpensive house with an outlying garage/shop (or I'll build one!). I'll keep you posted for sure.

A couple of pictures:

4688-dismantling.jpg

4688-packed_up.jpg

Moving is a PITA whether you are looking forward to it or not, and that delay before your stuff gets to the new place and you can brew again is definately a rough time.

I can't imagine relocating that often. That's life in the military I guess.

If nothing else, hopefully you get settled in your new place soon so you can get back to brewing.

I know what you are going through I have moved 9 time in the past 19 years and 7 months in the military. I hope to move one more time that being the final time....

DRAGGER.....

Yup, this ain't my first rodeo, either. I'm about halfway to where you are, DRAGGER. I even moved twice during one assignment. When we got married, I moved out of my off-base rented duplex, and I had to move SWMBO out of single housing on base.

It'll be a shame to leave this place, though. We managed to snag a really nice house in town, and it's been a good couple of years. However, I think this next assignment is pretty promising, and we're looking forward to it.

Good Luck with the move, I feel for you. I hate moving with a vengeance(spl?) my last place was on the the 5th floor and I ended up leaving this huge sleeper sofa. No way was I moving that down 5 flights again.

Good luck with the move Yuri.

Let me know when you have the "Shop" back up and running. When I have the spare $$$ I'll get a set of those rollers from you if you have the time.

Cheers.

Good luck with the move and let me be the first HBT brewer to welcome you to Texas!!! You are gonna have to make it out to Austin someday.

You have my sympathies. I just went through it myself and went through 'brewing withdrawal' for three months. And I'm going to have to do it again this Spring! Hang in there! Hope you can find a new place in TX that suits you.

I did seven moves in less than five years in the Navy. The one time I purchased a house, they transferred me a month after escrow closed. So much for "two years on station".

EdWort said:
Good luck with the move and let me be the first HBT brewer to welcome you to Texas!!! You are gonna have to make it out to Austin someday.

Edwort and Yuri Rage in the same place at the same time. We should turn it into a TV Series. "Hangin with Ed and Yuri.";)

I feel for ya, Yuri. Moving is very un-fun. Just wait until you get to be my age and you'll really know what I mean.

As for brewing, have you considered doing it more simply for awhile? I don't know about your homebrewing experience, but I remember a couple of years ago when I first started that I was able to make beer that really wasn't all that bad with a LOT less equipment than I have now.

I have lived in 35-36 houses in my 36 years of life, and none of it military. I just like putting my stuff in boxes, I guess. Moving is a pain but its a great way to clean out the crap you no longer need. Best of luck at the new location and getting a shop to brew in.

homebrewer_99 said:
Are they moving you from Hood to Bliss?
Neither - I'm in the AF. I don't think they could pay me enough to accept a joint assignment at Bliss.

Thanks for all the support and positive thoughts!

Moving is what put a bump in my brewing...my choice to stay away, but now I'm back. I'm AF too...currently leaving Afghanistan to start brewing again soon. Good luck to you!

Yuri_Rage said:
Neither - I'm in the AF. I don't think they could pay me enough to accept a joint assignment at Bliss.

Thanks for all the support and positive thoughts!

orly?

Wher eyou getting stationed? Dyess, Goodfellow, or Laughlin? I'm at Dyess so when I get back from deployment we should meet up and have a few hb's. :mug:

Back