It's 11-11-11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stik9yne

Reaction score
And you are on HBT! Why aren't you brewing! It's a special day and won't happen again in your lifetime, unless you are sitting on your moms tummy reading this in the hospital, then you might if you can make it 100 YEARS!!

Cheers to all of you! :mug:

Last year was 10-10-10 and next year will be 12-12-12.. Why do I fail to see the importance... Maybe a post like "To all the Veteran's out there: Happy Veteran's Day, both past and present! May we remember the ones who have gone before us, and lead the ones who follow us!" Just saying.

Last year was 10-10-10 and next year will be 12-12-12.. Why do I fail to see the importance... Maybe a post like "To all the Veteran's out there: Happy Veteran's Day, both past and present! May we remember the ones who have gone before us, and lead the ones who follow us!" Just saying.

Kind words

Thanks this vet will have an awesome one, are you having a bad day?
And my calculations says your a gunny - "just saying" Semper fi

So we had 01-01-01, 02-02-02, 03-03-03,04-04-04, 05-05-05, 06-06-06, 07-07-07,08-08-08,09-09-09-, 10-10-10, 11-11-11 and in the future 12-12-12... You don't seeing this getting old? Just saying.

holy ****, so don't ****ing respond.... don"t worry drill sgt, it will all be over in a few hours.... I'm sure you can handle that

Didn't mean to piss u off... wasn't my intent... was just saying their is something more special today than a anomoly... Would figure a vet as yourself would respect that... By the way we don't have drill sergeants, the Army does. We have drill instructors.

So we had 01-01-01, 02-02-02, 03-03-03,04-04-04, 05-05-05, 06-06-06, 07-07-07,08-08-08,09-09-09-, 10-10-10, 11-11-11 and in the future 12-12-12... You don't seeing this getting old? Just saying.

Yeah, I see your point.

But then this won't happen again for 88 years, most if not all of us will be dirt napping by then. See my point?

Personally I think it's kind of cool, but I dig numbers, and odd sequences.
Like binary dates, palindromic dates, etc. Not a big deal, nothing we should all go "OOooohhh!!" over, I just think it's cool.
:mug:

edit: and not everyone thinks today is all that special, but to each their own. I'll leave it at that.

Dunnright00,

I see your point as well. I am not intrigued by weird occurances... does not mean that it is not interesting for other people... I just fail to see it... It didn't bother my last year or the year before... I just find it Ironic (not just on here) that people would rather post about this than Veterans Day... I know the OP is a Vet.

If it's that's important we should have posted on the 11 year of 2000, on the 11 month, of the 11 day, of the 11th hour and the 11th minute and the 11th second.

11/11/11 11:11 has historical significance, not to mention it's just kind of cool.

I sort of thought if people didn't find a post interesting, they'd have the maturity to simply move on.

RDWHAHB, after all.

It does have historical significance if your talking about Armistice Day which is the 11th month of the 11th day of the 11th hour in 1918... WWI... I would appulaud that.. however, most people are just talking about the coincidencie of the day (numericaly)... Not that it represents anything important like the Armistice or Veterans Day. Read previous posts and you will see that

11/11/11 11:11 has historical significance, not to mention it's just kind of cool.

I sort of thought if people didn't find a post interesting, they'd have the maturity to simply move on.

RDWHAHB, after all.

You posted. Be mature and move on.

happy veterans day to all my brothers in arms. I think everyone should at least do their 4, it will teach you to appreciate that nice homebrew while others are being fired upon to preserve your freedoms

Teaches you to appreciate the little things too...like 11/11/11 oh **** its happening. :D

Speaking of 11-11-11, I'm drinking a Stone Vertical Epic 11-11-11.. Right now!!!
:rockin:

Ya, I know it's a day late. Bummer huh?
:(

Oh well...
:mug:

Back