ITC 1000 Issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutra2418

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm wiring up my unit and can't get it to flip on the heater. Instead of wiring it to an outlet I'm taking a direct approach and wiring the heater right in line. I believe my wiring is right but just want to double check with all of you. The unit turns on, functions correctly and the heat light is illuminated. If I switch from cold to hot by messing with the set temperature I can hear it click over....but the little 'on' lamp on the heater wont turn on.

wiring.jpg

It looks like you have it wired correctly. Do you know for sure your connections are sound? If you're not careful, those can pop out sometimes.
Also, you're sure you have it on the correct relay?

Have you checked your connection? Also try switching you neutral and hot coming from the heater. Plugs have a larger prong on one side so the heater may need the power coming in on the other side to work properly.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We have a winner right here. I switched the heater wires and it worked. Different than the schematic but who am I to argue with results :rockin:

Have you checked your connection? Also try switching you neutral and hot coming from the heater. Plugs have a larger prong on one side so the heater may need the power coming in on the other side to work properly.

Latest posts

Back