Italian Beer Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvestbrew

Reaction score
Greetings fellow home brewers!
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Italian style craft beer bottles for my homebrew??

I just did a google image search for Italian Style beer bottles, and saw pics of everything from flip top (Grolsch) style bottles, to 22 ounce bombers, to champagne/Belgian style bottles, long and short neck 12 ouncers, and some stylized bottles... pretty much the same variety of bottle from every other country.... What specific type of bottle are you referring to?

Maybe post a pic of the brand who's bottle you're referring to.

Yeah, there's all types of those out there. Most homebrew shops only carry a limited type of various styles. You could however do some detective work, there are websites for bottle collectors, like this that can help identify things like the actually style name, then the manufacturer of them... and then see if they would sell directly to you a couple cases.

This site had a handy chart....

champagne_bottles.jpg

There's actually codes stamped on the bottom of glass bottles that also can help, if you can find the websites that explain what they mean.

Someone in my "We Tried 48 year old beer today" thread explained the marks on the bottom of the bottles I posted.

Back