It just got serious

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe his wife really likes juniper witbier?

I'm up to 16-18 5-gallon kegs and 8 3-gallon kegs, and I could probably go for a few more for aging purposes. I have a 6-faucet keezer which can hold 8 5-gallon pinlocks and a 3-gallon pinlock. Plus I just built a 4-faucet jockey box (expandable to 5, I have another free line in the coldplate), and I'm thinking about getting another 2-faucet tower for my keezer.

Party's at my place, in case you're wondering :mug:.

Maybe his wife really likes juniper witbier?

I'm up to 16-18 5-gallon kegs and 8 3-gallon kegs, and I could probably go for a few more for aging purposes. I have a 6-faucet keezer which can hold 8 5-gallon pinlocks and a 3-gallon pinlock. Plus I just built a 4-faucet jockey box (expandable to 5, I have another free line in the coldplate), and I'm thinking about getting another 2-faucet tower for my keezer.

Wow. So jelly right now. All I have is a dorm fridge full of Pale Ale :(

I'm just impressed that OP is intent on drinking 10-FREAKING-GALLONS of juniper witbier.

Well I was drinking five gallons of it, but then my wife drank some, and then I shared some and everyone seemed to like it, and now I'm almost out.

Problem is, I really like it too, and so to avoid actually running out, I am doubling up. Plus, I want to experiment with putting orange peel in half of it.

Plus, I have two kegs. And two buckets. Rather serendipitous, don't you think?

I would be working towards something similar, except I don't really have a permanent residence. Job has me moving every three years, so I can't install anything permanent for about another decade. Someday though, I do plan on building a bar in my home.

Best part is, last night I won enough at a poker game to cover the whole deal.

Great! Now you have a bankroll to turn that chest freezer in your first post into a multi-tap keezer! Trust me. You're gonna need more taps! Kegging is an addiction. You want more kegs. You need more kegs. You can't live without more kegs! I have 22, and I'm always on the lookout for more at reasonable craigslist prices...

Search craigslist for everything first! New stuff is outrageously priced nowadays!

If your wife asks what the hell you're doing to the freezer, just tell her "Trust me. I'm doing it for Science!!!" Mumble some crap about feeding hungry children, and breast cancer, and blah blah blah as well...

Back