It’s Alive!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pappers, I’ll be attempting the Arrogant bastard for the 2nd time. My first time brewing it was using Tasty & Jamils recipe, it came out way to sweet and looked more like a cloudy amber.
I’m surprised that there are no recent discussions about “The Bastard”

I’m surprised that there are no recent discussions about “The Bastard”
Yes there are!
Here's a long thread on the Can You Brew It version with plenty of tweaks and variations:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/can-you-brew-it-recipe-for-stone-arrogant-bastard.176191/

It may be helpful reading the first few pages, then browsing backward from the end for recent findings and updates.

I've brewed it a few times, using slightly different takes, learning from past results, but always came up short on bittering and overall hop sensation, and a bit under-attenuated (too sweet).

I haven't brewed it in over 4 years, so now you mention it, it's time to revisit, using late additions and long whirlpool/hopstands at reduced temps (ala IPAs and NEIPAs) rather than just late and flameout additions. Perhaps a dry hop too. It's supposed to be 100% Chinook...

Welcome back to brewing!

Back