issues...still okay to spray?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm2nite

Reaction score
My hops are mostly 2-4 years old, lots early growth but I'm seeing currently getting pests, leafhoppers, a few Japanese beetles and caterpillars and lots of spiders although I haven't been able to see spider mites but maybe I don't know what I'm looking for (tried pulling some leafs and looking with a 7x magnifier).

Besides the pests I don't seem to have as many burr/cones as I was hoping for
and several sidearms on all plants (only 1-2 inches) have just dried up - downy? Mostly the are not as severely dry as my pic but are the tip or leaf is somewhat brown and seems to have stopped growing.

I've sprayed neem once or twice a few weeks ago and homemade insecticide soap a week ago.

I'm not sure if it's still okay to spray now that many cones have formed (centennials/cascades) and the rest Chinook, Columbus, Nugget are still be in the burr stages.

For mildew prevention, I've sprayed actinovate about 5 weeks ago and agrifos 3 weeks ago and just received some fosphite that might help but not sure if I can still spray anything now with burrs and cones?

Thanks!
Rich

sideshoot.jpg

hops.jpg

Latest posts

Back