timing of spray for downy mildew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm2nite

Reaction score
I'm looking for reccomendations on techniques and timing for spraying.

We have the following weather coming, it's lots of showers without many rain free days.

Should I target spraying before the rain (today/tomorrow) and again
after the rain?

I was hit with some downy last year but this year I've seen only a trace of what might be downy and I quickly pruned, off colored pale shoot a couple inches long and a touch of black on a handful of leave near the ground on my best plant, thatwas two weeks ago and seems like it's doing okay.

I have Actinovate AG (never used it) and standard copper currently, looking
for others to try if anyone has reccomendations/sources to buy.

For spray I was going to spray around the crowns and the leaves both
sides.

Thanks!
Rich

Here is the weather, lots of rain showers

Today Sunny, high 81
Sunday Sunny, with a high near 84. Light and variable wind.
Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, Cloudy, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday A chance of showers before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

What is the active in Actinovate? Copper is a contact product so coverage is key, it won't move from where you spray. Also copper is a protective product so it needs early and about weekly application.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looks like Actinovate is a biological control. Not knowing much about that particular product, but the concept behind them, I would spray it now as well as it will take time for the bacteria to grow and provide protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back