Isolating Beatification/Cantillon Dregs - Any Takers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been looking for someone with lab capabilities who may be interested in isolating cultures from Russian River Beatification Batch 6 (01/10/12) and Cantillon 100% Lambic Bio (2014). I've tried with both Al at East Coast Yeast and Jeff at Bootleg Biology and they aren't interested at the moment. I was considering asking Nick at The Yeast Bay too - would love to see what these dregs have in them. If not, would someone with a lab be interested in looking at these?

Any takers?

Bummer. Drinking this come the 7th and still no interest. :(

What are you looking for. I may be able to do it depending.

Do you need isolation and then genetic identification or just isolation and samples sent back to you?

It wouldn't surprise me if those other yeast suppliers hadn't already isolated cultures from those sources (I'd be more surprised if they hadn't, to be honest). So, I can see why they wouldn't want to help you out. They may already have products out there with Cantillon or RR cultures in them (but may not want to reveal the sources).

What are you looking for. I may be able to do it depending.

Do you need isolation and then genetic identification or just isolation and samples sent back to you?

Just isolation and samples back would be great, but genetic identification would be even better. I'll PM you! :ban:

Back