Is this the right Refractometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephro

Reaction score
Okay I bought one refractometer but... being an idiot I just bought it without looking at the range... So it only went from 0-10... :cross:

So I am looking at buying this one. I think this is the right one but I want to have someone that actually knows a bit about them look at it and let me know.

It looks like it says it does 0-40 brix... It's a bit confusing because I think it also does ABV% too...
http://www.cynmar.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=21036328

Thanks!!!

:mug:

to my understanding that just means you don't have to aim it towards a light... I could be wrong though so take it for what it is...

The one I have now it's not that hard to see through it. If I am near a lamp or ceiling light it's fine. Outside is even easier..

I know that one is not the right one...
You need one that does BRIX
I mean you could use that to see the alcohol % but that's not what you really want...

I'll ask my roommates when they get home if they know of any. They have bought more science related stuff for work/personal use than I have...

I found one place that sold them pretty damn cheap. Like under $30... but they don't ship the refractometers outside of Europe... Hey it's New England does that count? ;)

Back