Is this mold? and is this bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhume01

Reaction score
Was looking to bottle today and this is what I see. Is this bad?

DSCN0294.jpg

Can't really tell, but it doesn't look good to see white crap floating in a dark beer. ;)

Is it furry? Chances are it's probably mold if it is.. If it's not, it could be an infection of some sort..

If it looks like tiny bubbles, then it's just rafts of yeast and co2.

looks like infection to me. just rack from under it. taste it and see if it's decent. if so, bottle and drink quickly.

Rack under it, bottle it, drink it.

It's either a bit of krausen ( most likely) floating still or the beginning of brett.

Rack under it, bottle it, drink it. :mug:

Mmm.. Brett..

Anyways... Looks like an early infection. I think I've got one in my Porter right now..

Rack under it and taste it. Should still be okay. Brett is slow.. Slower at cold temps too.

that white stuff isn't brett, it doesn't form in clumps like that. i think you're fine, but the only way to know is to try some

Yeah,def not bret. Yeast radfts floating in hop oils that make a thin film on the surface that can look like oil on wet pavement.

Back