Is this infected??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably fine. I don't really se what the issue is. It looks terrible in the jar, but that doesn't mean much!

Is that actual bananas in there? Something does not look right for sure. Post some more recipe details. That should help. The krausen ring toward the top looks right but not sure about the rest. What kind of smells are you getting through the airlock?

Looks like kamboucha; the banana pulp separated and started floating at the top. This morning it had dropped to half way. Just got worried cause I've never seen pulp float like that before.

Just getting beautiful banana smell, I boiled chopped bananas in a mesh bag for 30mins. Removed the bag and squeezed to get any extra liquid. Added a bit of brown sugar and honey. Cooled - Tossed into jar. Pitched yeast and put on airlock. This is 3 days later.

Just getting beautiful banana smell, I boiled chopped bananas in a mesh bag for 30mins. Removed the bag and squeezed to get any extra liquid. Added a bit of brown sugar and honey. Cooled - Tossed into jar. Pitched yeast and put on airlock. This is 3 days later.

Im sure it's fine then.

Latest posts

Back