Is this good for anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkTom

Reaction score
66F1F0BC-14F1-4519-9103-5EA633963209.jpeg
2”x3/4”x 6’. Is this useful for anything? I can get it for cheap.

It’s a sweat in manifold. I don’t know if it has any place in my setup. I’m up for suggestions.

Not sure but it looks like one youd put in for a water (boiler) heated floor or baseboard radiator style application. Itd need zone valves at some of those ports.

+1 with the hydronic heat manifold.

My first impression was it's one half of a system to distribute liquid in a solar thermal panel.

You could, of course, cut it in half or thirds or whatever and have shorter pieces of the same thing.

BTW, when you say you can get it cheap, how cheap is cheap?

I have no use for it as a hydronic manifold... however, if it could be incorporated into some kind of something useful for my refreshment production, I’ll pick it up. I don’t want another thing to store if it’s not going to be productive.

Depends heavily on your setup. Do you have any situation where you can imagine needing to take a liquid or gas from one source and distribute it to multiple places? Or possibly in a hacky way, the reverse?

Actually there is 4 of them. I’m hoping to be moving this summer, so I’m not collecting stuff.

Grab them and run to the scrap yard :)

I see nothing that could be done by using this in a still, over 25 years now and I've seen some crazy stuff and 90% wasn't worth a ****.

Run with them to the scrap and get some cash, buy some grains and make a nice AG bourbon mash.
I've got a few good ones if you need a recipe.

They almost hit the scrap yard today. They’ve been in the corner so long, I forgot them. Taps, I like it. I’ll bring one home tomorrow. Who knows when I’ll get around to legging.

Back