Is this Berliner Weisse Ready to Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funblock

Reaction score
I have a Berliner Weisse I made 4 months ago and pitched a huge Lacto starter along with White Labs Sour Mix. The OG was 1.035 and I just tasted it and it is very tart and the taste is fantastic. I was getting ready to bottle it but decided to check the gravity and it is at 1.009 which is still a little high. I am a little worried that it may be too soon and end up with bottle bombs. I could prime with just a little less sugar and be safe I guess. I am just wondering if 1.009 is still too high?

I was looking for my notes on mine but can't find them. I want to say mine was a little lower like around 1.005, so you might be a tad high. Does that blend have brett in it? What kind of bottles are you using? If it's the heavier Belgian style, I'd prob go ahead and bottle it and shoot for 3.2 volumes. If you're using regular 12 ounce, I'd prob give it a couple more weeks and check the gravity again.

Back