Is this addicting or what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenRugby

Reaction score
So I got a good starter kit for Christmas, two glass carboys and a lot of other stuff. A far cry from the Mr Beer kit I had on my first attempt, which wasn't all that bad. My first brew was the Irish Stout from Mountmellick and it turned out to be a decent beer. Then I did a second batch an Amber with some grains and hops. Now, I'm on my third batch. I'm just giving my yeast starter a few days to do its magic.

These forums have helped me avoid some mistakes I'm sure I would have made. So while I'm contemplating the next contraption I plan to build and switching my degree to microbiology so I can better under stand yeast I'd like to say thanks and man is this addicting.

Cheers!

From wikipedia
Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in the individual pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors. The addiction is characterized by impairment in behavioral control, craving, inability to consistently abstain, and diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships.

Hells yes this is addicting. LOL

+1 on addicting. I can't go anywhere saying, maybe I could use that for a mash tun, or some similar comment. With addiction comes a cost. I could blow so much money on everything I wanted to get. It all starts from the Mr. Beer kit my friend, I started the same way, before my Mr. Beer was ready I was already making an extract batch. Now on to all-grain. Built a collar on my temp controlled freezer and am now looking at adding taps (which apparently are not cheap!), it doesn't stop there. I don't think any of us are 100% content with our set-up and additions are always in the near future. Brew on, and welcome to the addiction!

I might add the fruits of our labor are very delicious and are non-purchasable in any store on the planet. I love the beer I make for the most part, and although critical, when something goes wrong, my neighbors/friends will love the ones i'm not 100% happy with. Sharing is caring ;)

Yep I've gone from extract to partial mash to all grain in a year. Finally got some kegs to go along. Now I just try to focus on certain aspects of my brewery that I want to upgrade. Life is good... and I'm still addicted! Cheers

Welcome, Addictive is a good way to describe it. Kind of like how we are addicted to oxygen. It stealthily becomes a part of your life like breathing. Who would have thought when the first batch was made that it would become all encompassing. Here's to your new addiction. :mug:

Yeah, so far still going strong. A single tier system invaded my garage and luckily I have a very understanding wife.

Back