Is this a good deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a 5 lb co2 tank with dual regulators for $50. It seems fair to me, but I have never bought one. Is this a good deal, what should I look for as far as defects? Any specific questions I should ask? the seller says it still has some co2 in it.

I had to pay$60 for my tank and $50 for my regulator....and i did shop around!

Yes...that is a good deal.

Er-- slow down.

What's the hydro date on the tank? If its expired then you'll have to pay for a hydro test the next time it gets filled.

However, if you think that $50 is a good deal for a "dual regulator" (does that mean 2 lowpressure guages or 1 low pressure and 1 high pressure?) then by all means grab it up-- a tank is a bonus then.

I always swap my tanks, so hydro isn't a problem. $50 for a tank and one regulator is good.

Just open the tank valve and see if you can adjust the pressure. Coca-cola & Pepsico tanks are generally #10 or #20, you don't see many #5's.

My point is that most gas places won't fill "Property of" tanks. Some liquor stores will, but then you're only getting a partial (gas to gas) fill.

Thanks, I just emailed the guy to see the hydro date and if there where any "Property of" markings on it. Thanks, I would have not known to look for either.

Latest posts

Back