Is there a hop doctor in the house?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sensibull

Reaction score
One hop plant is getting munched (which I think I can deal with) but my other plant is wilting. Anyone care to hazard a diagnosis?

hops_hurt1.jpg

hops_hurt2.jpg

Details: plants are in a large raised bed planter, watered with drip lines, and getting a slow feed from pellet fertilizer typically used for tomatoes and peppers (Dynamite, 13-13-13). If anything, they are getting overwatered (which is my guess).

That picture looks like there was heat source nearby. Were you grilling or something lately?

No, nothing hot near the plants, but we did have a guy powerwash our house about a week ago. Could some of his soap have done this? What's weird is that it seems to be continuing on newer leaves but perhaps it's just the fallout.

The pics from that thread look more like a nutrient problem. I would definitely say the power washing had something to do with it. The 'scorching' of the leaf edges is what made me think of a heat problem. By the looks of it the plant will be fine as long as it just caught some 'drift' and didn't get a ton of the cleaning liquid in the soil.

Looks like chemical or fertilizer burn to me. If the new growth keeps burning I would leach the crap out of the soil to flush out the chemical.

dont rule out spider mite damage....google spider mite damage images and read ....look under leaves for signs

could be a combo mites/fert burn ect

flush daily w/ water only and spray w/ einstein oil or malathoin:mug:

if the power washing was on a sunny day the moisture on the leaves sitting in the sun could damage the leaves, but it also looks a little like spider mites. Nitrogen deficiency would have more of a rust color, IMO. it does look like the leaves closer to the ground are healthy.

Latest posts

Back